Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

35 Weeks & World Travels

We hit the 35 week mark on Sunday. 35 weeks!!! Wow!!!
Wow, that she's such a fighter and basically told all of the docs to jump in a lake, and Wow, because she's going to be here in 26 days! BUT, my personal opinion, Shelly's not going to make it to May 19th. I think Riley will decide to come before that even if by a day.
Pictured here is my Shelly looking as beautiful as ever at 35 weeks.

Below are pics of Riley's latest wardrobe additions.
The first, a T-Shirt her God Mommie Amy brought her back from her recent trip to Aruba. Thanks Amy & Trish!!!

Second, a T-Shirt Shelly's co-worker Roy brought her back from his recent trip to New Orleans. Thanks Roy!


Riley's already collecting T-shirts from all over the globe. She's also got a Canada T-shirt I got her back in January. Maybe we just started our first collection for Riley. Travel shirts!

Big day tomorrow. OB appointment, Non Stress Test, and meeting with the lawyer. I'll post more updates tomorrow.
I leave you with an adorable picture of Roxi giving Shelly kisses in Riley's room.
And, my precious bug Tate. We went out to visit her and her Mommies on Sunday to see how there new house is coming long. We were rough housing, playing, and laughing, laughing, laughing. I have always loved her laugh. She has the most infectious laugh. It's deep and true. You know she's truly a happy little girl. I love you Tate!

9 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

She's so beautiful! I think she'll deliver early as well. Wishing the best for you.

K J and the kids said...

In a deep, cold and murky lake.

26 days are you serious ? Holy shit.
Congrats on 35 weeks girls. Shelly does look beautiful.
Kiss that belly.

Tate looks SO much like LB. :) Very cute.

Casey said...

WooooHooooo!!! 35 weeks!!! Shelly looks amazing and beautiful and little Tate is too freakin' adorable. WOW! :) :)

Drea said...

congrats! how exciting. Tate is beautiful

Jennifer said...

35 weeks...that's great! How much does she weigh? Riley, that is! do they tell you at your appts? I get weight updates every two weeks.

It seems like 35 weeks is ripe for the plucking, and I bet you are right: Rikey will come before 26 days. That just seems so long from now!!

Please update later!! Please! We get nervous when you don't!

Merr said...

Wow I think you guys will go early too. I can't believe she's almost here!

amy said...

Dee, We are so happy for you both. I remember those last few weeks. They're almost painful because you just want that little baby so much. I remember it being an almost physical pain! And with the twins I just wanted them out safely. Because I knew once they were out they'd be better are safer somehow. Isn't it funny that we don't trust our own bodies sometimes? Amy

Stacey said...

Great pictures! Glad everything is going so well. :) Tate has grown! OMG she looks so much older but she's still as cute as ever.

tifferny said...

yippee for 35 weeks!!!!

ok shelly just keeps getting more and more adorable! she is positively GLOWING! :)


btw, tate is simply precious. i can see why she was your inspiration.

Our Conception Story

After eight years together we were pretty sure we'd spend our life with our four legged kids, doing lots of camping, and traveling the world. On August 12, 2004 that all changed with the birth of our God Daughter Tate. We immediately fell completely in love with her and soon began to re-think our decision of not having kids.

In October 2005 we began the process of trying to conceive. As soon as we started trying Shelly began having very erratic cycles which made the process that more complicated. After four tries over six months we decided to schedule a consultation with the a Reproductive Specialist. We were desperate to conceive and on a limited time frame since Shelly had just turned 41. Dee was 35 at the time but not able to conceive due to a medical procedure.

Our first appointment with the Repro Man was May 2006. He suggested we try IVF using Dee's eggs and Shelly as the gestational mother. He felt this scenario would give us the highest chance for success of a healthy pregnancy. We spent a short amount of time weighing our options and decided this was the best choice. We began our first IVF cycle in August. They did the Egg Retrieval and Fertilization on 8/31. Three days later, 9/3, they transferred three embryos into Shelly. Then the wait began.

Shelly promised not to begin the home pregnancy test too soon. Dee had to travel out of state for business a week after the transfer and asked Shelly to please wait to test. BUT, the wait was too much for her and she started testing after a week. At first there was no line. But after a couple of days testing a faint line started to appear. When Dee came home from her trip Shelly told her, "I know I'm pregnant." Dee didn't believe her and insisted the line wasn't dark enough so she tested herself to compare. There was absolutely no line. She began to believe Shelly was pregnant but still had doubt. Dee went to the store and bought another brand of testing strips. After five home tests, we were convinced we we're pregnant due to all positive results. A blood test at two weeks confirmed it; we were going to have a baby!