Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Double Digits!!!

We hit Double Digits today! Only 99 days to go! Yeah! I thought this day was racing towards us like a dang turtle race but it's finally here. This may not be a big day for some people but it is for us. It means we're getting closer, and, knock on wood, Riley's still doing okay. Yeah!

We watched Tate yesterday afternoon so her Mommie's could go to a big girl movie. They saw "Music and Lyrics" which they said was okay. LB was miserable most of the time which made the movie not as enjoyable. I guess the chairs at movie theaters aren't really designed to keep a six month pregnant woman comfortable.

Playing with Tate was fun as always. She's getting so big. And talk, talk, talk. She loves to talk. I love hearing that adorable voice. Although I do have a hard time fully understanding her sometimes. She's got quite the vocabulary for a 2 1/2 year old. We read books, took turns throwing things into a bucket, ate pizza, and her favorite, played with colored paper clips. I showed her how to paper clip two pieces of paper together, we sorted the paper clips by color, we made paper clip necklaces, we counted paper clips, and then we but them back into their bucket one color at a time. It's amazing how something as simple, and cheap, as paper clips, kept her entertained for an entire hour! I love that little girl! We're going to dinner tonight for LB's birthday so I'll get to play with her again.

We got our bed this week and it's gorgeous. We love it! Yesterday we splurged again and bought a 32" LCD TV for the Master Bedroom. We also bought the wall mount package that allows you to pull the TV out on an arm in order to move it in multiple positions. Love it! This morning Shelly had to get up early for a hair appointment. I decided to lay in bed and enjoy the new bed and TV while she was getting ready. That way we could talk as she was prepping herself. She brought up coffee and Oatmeal Scotchies (my favorite cookie) for me to enjoy in bed this morning while we visited. What a great way to start a day!

On Thursday I got together with my family to make cards. It's girls craft night out once a month. I ended up holding my cousins six week old baby boy most of the night. He was adorable and such a good baby. He really didn't whimper or make a sound in the 2+ plus hours we were there. I love that new baby smell. I found myself just staring at all of his amazing little features. Tiny ears, nose, fingers, toes. I can't wait to do the same with our sweet Riley. I'm sure I'll spend hours just staring at her.

I'll post a Riley 26 week update tomorrow.

6 comments:

K J and the kids said...

WAY TO GO !!! 99 days is nothing.
I can't wait to hear what they say this week.

I forgot what it was like to buy nice things. :) I'm so glad that you are able to spoil yourselves. Indulge !
Soon you will be spoiling a new baby girl. AND is she going to get SPOILED ! :) How fun !
Seeing her 1/2 siblings is getting me excited to see her. She's for sure going to be gorgeous !

Merr said...

I had noticed yesterday that the ticker was 100, and I thought about you moving into the double digits. That is so great! Time is surely going to fly by.

tifferny said...

99 - woo hoooooo!

God, aren't toddlers great? Tate is such a cutie!

hey, i also heard that Music and Lyrics sucked. predominantly due to the lack of chemistry betweeen drew barrymore and that hugh grant guy. hmm...i think i will wait until it comes out on dvd! ;)

i really do hope you post pics of the new bedroom! and the new tv??!?! fancy mamas! lol - you two are SOOOO nesting. too funny.

hugs, tiffany

Stacey said...

Congrats on the double digits. We were excited when we reached it too. You're getting so close. It seems like your pregnancy is flying by. I think watching other people's pregnancies, it seems like it goes so quickly. Of course, with your own it seems to go a little more slowly. ;)

The bed and tv sound lovely! :)

Holly said...

Another milestone! SO SO SO HAPPY to hear that Riley is doing so well!
Tate must be so have these babies coming, she's going to be the big guy soon!!!

Jennifer said...

99 days seems SO manageable!! Let the countdown begin...

Our Conception Story

After eight years together we were pretty sure we'd spend our life with our four legged kids, doing lots of camping, and traveling the world. On August 12, 2004 that all changed with the birth of our God Daughter Tate. We immediately fell completely in love with her and soon began to re-think our decision of not having kids.

In October 2005 we began the process of trying to conceive. As soon as we started trying Shelly began having very erratic cycles which made the process that more complicated. After four tries over six months we decided to schedule a consultation with the a Reproductive Specialist. We were desperate to conceive and on a limited time frame since Shelly had just turned 41. Dee was 35 at the time but not able to conceive due to a medical procedure.

Our first appointment with the Repro Man was May 2006. He suggested we try IVF using Dee's eggs and Shelly as the gestational mother. He felt this scenario would give us the highest chance for success of a healthy pregnancy. We spent a short amount of time weighing our options and decided this was the best choice. We began our first IVF cycle in August. They did the Egg Retrieval and Fertilization on 8/31. Three days later, 9/3, they transferred three embryos into Shelly. Then the wait began.

Shelly promised not to begin the home pregnancy test too soon. Dee had to travel out of state for business a week after the transfer and asked Shelly to please wait to test. BUT, the wait was too much for her and she started testing after a week. At first there was no line. But after a couple of days testing a faint line started to appear. When Dee came home from her trip Shelly told her, "I know I'm pregnant." Dee didn't believe her and insisted the line wasn't dark enough so she tested herself to compare. There was absolutely no line. She began to believe Shelly was pregnant but still had doubt. Dee went to the store and bought another brand of testing strips. After five home tests, we were convinced we we're pregnant due to all positive results. A blood test at two weeks confirmed it; we were going to have a baby!