My Mom is doing well. They caught it early, Stage 1. The reason they caught it early is because my Mom is FAITHFUL about her annual Mammogram. They removed the lump and some lymph nodes. Luckily the cancer had not spread to her lymph nodes. She's currently doing Chemo Therapy and will start Radiation shortly. She also suffers from Fibromyalgia so between the chemo and the fibro she gets really worn out. But she's a trooper and just keeps plugging along.
AND, after many years of smoking my Mom has QUIT!!! It's been a month today! Way to go Mom! I'm so proud of you!!! I love you Mom!
I encourage everyone to get checked this month! Or at least make an appointment to get checked! If it weren't for my Mom and her diligence on being tested annually we might not have a happy ending. I finally broke down and got my first Mammy after my Mom's diagnosis. Luckily all was well. It wasn't a pleasant experience but worth the peace of mind.
Here's some pics of Grandma Connie (my Mom) with Riley.


12 comments:
What a great way to show support for the cause. And little Riley looks so happy with her grandma!
Love the new pink layout!
Way to go for your mom!!!! Sounds like she is doing well and is such a trooper.
Great pic's!
AWESOME !! Great idea.
Way to go Riley's grandma.
Very cute pictures.
Wow - you look good in pink.
Congrats to your mom for quitting smoking. And for being faithful about her mammograms! We wish her tons of luck and strength for the remainder of her treatment!
BTW - WTF with the NFL?!?!? I think I picked 4 correct games.
Glad your mom is great! And congrats to her for quitting smoking!
Cute pics!
Love the pink!
Way to go mom!
Dee I am so proud of your mom!!! I have seen her be such a trooper this year. I know Riley is her main motivation for fighting so hard to be healthier.
Love the new layout. My mom also HAD breast cancer. She is doing well now, but I did breakdown and get the mammy :) All well with me too and very much worth the peace of mind.
I'm glad that your mother caught it early and is doing so well.. Very cute pictures, and great way to show support!
yes, your mom is awesome! i know how excited she was about Riley and how nervous she's been about all of this, but she's strong and amazing. she's been through a lot and can handle anything! Riley's lucky to have these wonderful moments with her!
WONDERFUL!!! Connie & Family! GOD BLESS & Love you ALL
Glad you are a voice for so many...thanks for sharing and a Big Hooray for your mom
Post a Comment