Miscellaneous
Shelly and I both seem to finally be on the mend. Now we're both just whiny and want someone to pay attention to us. That's hard when we're both sick. But, we're both working today and I even ventured to the store to get medicine.
I've been trying to decide what to post today. There's really no updates on Riley or Shelly. Both are fine. Riley's a little bratty. She's a big wiggle worm until I try to feel here and then she freezes. She must have also gone through a growth spurt because Shelly's again looking more pregnant.
So, since I don't have any new or exiting news to post, I thought I'd just post miscellaneous thoughts, updates, and fun stuff.
I've posted before that our good friends LB and Erin, Tate's Mom's, are pregnant again. Their due about 4 weeks after us. They had their Fetal Well Being Ultrasound last week. Good news. Their Little One is healthy and measuring right on track. The technician did comment that she has really long legs. No surprise. So does her Mama LB. Did you catch the she? Yep, it's another girl! Tate's having a baby sister. Although she continues to refer to her as Thomas, as in Thomas the Train, or Baby Bubba. It will be fun having little girls so close in age. Plus, Tate will really be like a big sister to both of them.
My good friend Shelly called me last night with an update. After several miscarriages and lots of trying she's pregnant! Yeah! She's about 7 weeks. Once she gets past the first trimester I'm sure she'll have a big sigh of relief. I can't wait to hear what names they pick out. Her and her husbands names both start with S. As do their two dogs, Sage and Sierra. So their little one will no doubt be something like Sedona, Savannah, Shaniqua, Steven, Stu?
And finally, for fun, here is a picture of our adorable Boxer Roxi, strutting around the house with the treat I brought her home from the store.

Our Conception Story
After eight years together we were pretty sure we'd spend our life with our four legged kids, doing lots of camping, and traveling the world. On August 12, 2004 that all changed with the birth of our God Daughter Tate. We immediately fell completely in love with her and soon began to re-think our decision of not having kids.
In October 2005 we began the process of trying to conceive. As soon as we started trying Shelly began having very erratic cycles which made the process that more complicated. After four tries over six months we decided to schedule a consultation with the a Reproductive Specialist. We were desperate to conceive and on a limited time frame since Shelly had just turned 41. Dee was 35 at the time but not able to conceive due to a medical procedure.
Our first appointment with the Repro Man was May 2006. He suggested we try IVF using Dee's eggs and Shelly as the gestational mother. He felt this scenario would give us the highest chance for success of a healthy pregnancy. We spent a short amount of time weighing our options and decided this was the best choice. We began our first IVF cycle in August. They did the Egg Retrieval and Fertilization on 8/31. Three days later, 9/3, they transferred three embryos into Shelly. Then the wait began.
Shelly promised not to begin the home pregnancy test too soon. Dee had to travel out of state for business a week after the transfer and asked Shelly to please wait to test. BUT, the wait was too much for her and she started testing after a week. At first there was no line. But after a couple of days testing a faint line started to appear. When Dee came home from her trip Shelly told her, "I know I'm pregnant." Dee didn't believe her and insisted the line wasn't dark enough so she tested herself to compare. There was absolutely no line. She began to believe Shelly was pregnant but still had doubt. Dee went to the store and bought another brand of testing strips. After five home tests, we were convinced we we're pregnant due to all positive results. A blood test at two weeks confirmed it; we were going to have a baby!
7 comments:
Glad you're on the mend!
Our Riley would do the same thing with Angele. It gets easier when she gets bigger and there's less room to "hide"... ;)
Congratulations to your friends! It's so exciting to have friends due close to you so that your babies will have playmates. :)
Cute pup!!
I sure wish your Shelly would let us see her tummy.
How exciting for Shelly. They have been trying for a really long time.
That's fantastic news.
great blog! i hyperlinked from stacey's site. :) stacey, i promise i am not stalking you!!! ;)
glad to hear you're on the mend. lots of nasty stuff floating around out there.
i sincerely wanted to wish your friend shelly lots of luck. as someone who has also suffered, and conquered, recurrent miscarriage, i know the emotional turmoil she must be experiencing. Like you said, once she is past the first trimester milestone, there will be opportunity for celebration.
I want a boxer. So cool.
How very exciting all the little girls that will be arriving!!
Riley sounds like a little wiggly worm. Andrew moves and when you try to poke at the spot where he is poking out, he moves away from us. Not sure if that is a sign for not listening to us in the future.
Are we going to see any belly shots!
Wow lots of pregos!
You guys need to get all your friends and come join our parenting group. We need lots of people, because it is so fun. They have a new site, let me know if you are interested.
We can do Utah.
This time last year, I was skiing the Canyons!
Post a Comment